Exercises to Tone Stomach
Toning your stomach is different from just getting a flat stomach. A toned stomach is about how you get a defined and sculpted set of stomach muscles. You can diet lose weight to get a relativley flat stomach, but that isn't one that is toned, sleek, and sexy. You need to finish the process and do some stomach toning exercises to really know how to tone your stomach.
You will have to work on all three sets of ab muscles. You'll have to do stomach toning exercises for the top, middle, and lower abdominal areas. It's really about getting into a regular exercise routine. If you have a consistant stomach toning exercise routine, your ab muscles will get the workout and attention that they need and by doing the move below, you will start seeing visible tone stomach results before you know it.
Tips to Tone My Stomach
Remember not to over-do or under-do stomach toning exercises. You need to be aware of how often you do your exercise routine. If you try and do a heavy exercise routine every day of the week, that will probably be too much for your body. It won't allow your muscles anytime to absorb what they've been through and actually grow and strengthen. You body needs about a day or two to actually take into account the workout that you just had. But at the same time, don't take off too many days in-between heavy workouts or muscle atrophy may set in and you will have to make up for the days you missed. It is a good idea to do your workout 3 days per week, with at least a day of rest in-between workouts.
Exercises to Tone Stomach
Break these exercises up into sets of repetitions. It is a better approach than to just do as many as you can until you get tired. You will actually be able to do more overall if you break it into sets. Allow about 60 seconds between sets so your muscles will have some time to rest and absorb the stress you just put on them. But don't allow too much time between sets, because you want to keep the pressure on.
- Stand up and place your hands behind your head.
- Flex your abdominal muscles as you rotate your upper body to the left. Do this while simultaneously lifting your left knee up to your chest.
- Hold for 2 seconds. Return to starting position and rest for 2 seconds.
- Alternate sides back and forth. When going to the right, rotate upper body to the right while lifting your right knee.
- Do this for about 30 - 60 seconds, depending on your conditioning.
- Lie on your back with your knees bent and the soles of your feet flat on the floor. Also have your arms flat on the floor at your sides.
- Lift your rear up off the floor as high as you can, keeping your feet flat on the floor.
- Hold at this level for about 5 seconds.
- Slowly return to starting position.
- Do 10-15 slow lifts.
- Stand up with your arms bent and lift them to about chest level.
- Flex your abdominal muscles and rotate your arms and upper body to the right.
- Hold for 2 seconds and rotate back and repeat on the left side.
- Return to starting position and continue.
A good way to help burn excess fat faster is through weight and strength training. This works because by building more muscle, your body will require more energy to maintain your muscle mass. This means that as long as you don't also increase your calorie intake, your body will look elsewhere to get the calories that it needs. And that means that it will take the excess fat from you body and stomach area. So you should build muscle so as to raise your metabolism in order to lose weight and burn the extra stomach fat naturally.
Final Thoughts On Stomach Toning
So there you have it. Above, you will see the tips and steps that you will have to take to start to tone your stomach muscles. After you have lost the extra stomach fat, remember that there is one more step that you will have to take. This may seem like the more difficult of the two, but it isn't all that hard, and the results are well worth it.